Landscape Design Basics with SketchUp Pro
Since 2003, Gaia College has been offering holistic horticulture education to students all over the world. Our courses integrate essential knowledge of ecology, permaculture and organic gardening to build a solid ecological foundation for your career and/or personal life.
This course is an introduction to landscape design with Sketchup Pro.
In this unique course geared towards landscape applications we introduce a whole new integrated 3-dimensional design and modeling process.
Whether your preferred medium is pen and paper or a conventional 2-dimensional CAD program, the ability to work in 3 dimensions and view your work from all angles will undoubtedly enrich your creative design process. And the fluidity of non-static, 3-dimensional models will empower you to communicate your ideas to landscape decision makers who do not have the designer's ability to mentally project a 2-dimensional drawing into images of a real live landscape.
Here are some of the exciting, cutting edge techniques you will learn in this course:
- Conventional presentation documents including a full set of 2-dimensional landscape plans
- Computer-based presentations, slide shows and animations
- Integration with imported design components, including base maps and construction elements
- 3-dimensional landscape modeling
- Terrain modeling
- Integration with Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Integration with Google maps
Who should consider this course?
- Landscape designers and architects
- Land planners
- Anybody tired of drafting by hand!
This course is only offered online. It is a prerequisite or co-requisite for our online Ecological Landscape Design course.