Business Skills for Land Care Professionals
Since 2003, Gaia College has been offering holistic horticulture education to students all over the world. Our courses integrate essential knowledge of ecology, permaculture and organic gardening to build a solid ecological foundation for your career and/or personal life.
Topics discussed are:
- Choosing the appropriate legal entity for your business
- Being aware of and working within legal parameters governing your business
- Evaluating the pros and cons of different business financing options
- Developing strategies to increase sales, profitability and cash flow
- Using information presented in financial reports and financial ratios to make informed business management decisions
- Managing risk
- Preparing estimates and budgets
- Hiring and retaining a competent workforce
- Developing a business strategy, business plan and operational plan for your startup or current business
Who should take this course?
- Anyone contemplating going into business for themselves
- Small business owners feeling overwhelmed by rules and regulations they need to learn more about
- Small business owners without a formal business plan.