Since 2003, Gaia College has been offering holistic horticulture education to students all over the world. Our courses integrate essential knowledge of ecology, permaculture and organic gardening to build a solid ecological foundation for your career and/or personal life.
If you are concerned about where your food comes from, what’s in it (or on it), or simply getting the best nutrition possible, growing an abundance of healthy, nutritious and delicious fruits and vegetables is the way to go.
In this comprehensive course you will learn essential applied permaculture and organic gardening techniques to:
- Analyze and optimize the growing conditions in your garden, no matter the size, including container gardens
- Creatively collect, use and preserve water for optimal garden health
- Use holistic solutions for plants health problems ("pests" and "diseases")
- Select, plant, maintain and harvest a large variety of food plants for year-round enjoyment
- Also included: how to propagate plants; save your own seeds; and store your harvest.
This online course engages students with practical and hands-on projects, and is guided by experienced professional organic gardeners.
No prior education or gardening experience required, but the Organic Master Gardener Online Course / Organic Horticulture Specialist Online Course would be highly beneficial either before, during or after this program.
Growing Food - Online