The Heide Hermary Memorial Bursary was established to honour the work and legacy of Heide Hermary who was Gaia College’s co-founder. Heide’s holistic teachings in organic horticulture continue to inspire and educate landscape professionals and home gardeners worldwide through her books, projects and Gaia College courses.
This Bursary was established to help applicants who have a passion to be part of a movement towards regenerating our soils and optimizing the overall health of our land and demonstrate financial need to access education.
- Spring/Summer Semester: Deadline April 15
- Fall Semester: Deadline Aug. 15
- Winter Semester: Deadline Dec. 15
To be eligible for the Heide Hermary Memorial Bursary:
- You would otherwise not be able to pay for the course without the financial aid of the bursary
- Upon emailing your application, you approve that your name will be published on our website and our eNewsletter if you are chosen as the recipient of the Heide Hermary Memorial Bursary
Gaia College will grant one bursary per term for registration into the Organic Master Gardener (also offered as the Organic Horticulture Specialist) online course.
The qualifying applicant chosen by the Gaia College Bursary Committee will be notified via email.
This bursary is non-transferrable.
To learn more about the work of Heide Hermary:
Past Bursary Awards
Names of those who have accepted the bursary will be listed here after the term starts:
2021 Spring/Summer: Sarah Gibson
2021 Fall: Destyne Star Clause-Roe
2022 Winter: Tavia Sivan
2022 Spring/Summer: Brittany Kelly
2022 Fall: Matthew James
2023 Winter: Heather Anderson
2023 Spring/Summer: Andrea Dam
2023 Fall: Sarah Dohan