The Art of Facilitating Online is a course intended for training educators as online facilitators of fully online and blended delivery courses. Course design is critical to good online course facilitation and this course is intended to guide the educator in using an already developed online course as the basis for example. Topics include the context and pedagogy for online learning, teaching and learning styles, engaging and motivating students, retention, blended learning and best practices, and technology using the course management system called Moodle.
- This course is open to all who wish to learn about online facilitation.
- No prerequisites are needed.
- This course is only offered online.
- Comprehensive on-line educational materials
- Unlimited access to our on-line course resources, community center, including libraries, discussion forums and much more.
By Mail: Cheque drawn on a Canadian bank; Money order in Canadian funds
On-line: Visa, Mastercard
Please be sure you are familiar with our policies.
There are no academic prerequisites for this course, however students must
- be proficient in English (written)
- be comfortable with current computer and internet technology
There are no formal exams in this course, as the emphasis is on developing practical skills and the ability to synthesize information.
To receive a Certificate of Completion students must contribute to all on-line discussions and satisfactorily complete all assignments and quizzes.
- There are no required texts. Extensive online resources are provided.