While our courses are not eligible for Canada student loan funding, we do provide the potential funding sources listed below as a service for our students. We make our best efforts to keep this information updated, please let us know if any of these links are no longer valid or any of this information is incorrect.
Government of Canada - RESP
Students are able to use RESPs to help fund tuition costs. Please see further information on the Government of Canada website:
Gaia College Inc. is registered as a Certified Education Institution with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Students will need to reference Gaia College as per the following link to use RESPs to help fund course fees:
- File #: 7009/13233
- Initial Certification Year: 2014
Canada Job Grant
- British Columbia Employer Training Grant: https://www.workbc.ca/employer-resources/bc-employer-training-grant.aspx
- Canada Alberta Job Grant: https://www.alberta.ca/canada-alberta-job-grant.aspx
- Canada Saskatchewan Job Grant: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/business/hire-train-and-manage-employees/apply-for-the-canada-saskatchewan-job-grant
- Canada Manitoba Job Grant: https://www.gov.mb.ca/wd/ites/is/cjg.html
- Canada Ontario Job Grant: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/
- Canada New Brunswick Job Grant: https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201466.Labour_Force_Training.html
- Canada Prince Edward Island Job Grant: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/workplace-skills-training
- Canada Nova Scotia Job Grant: https://novascotia.ca/programs/workplace-innovation-productivity-skills-incentive/
- Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant: https://www.gov.nl.ca/isl/foremployers/canada-nl-job-grant/
Gaia College is a vocational rehabilitation provider with WorkSafeBC.
BC Center For Women in the Trades
BCCWITT works with women facing barriers to employment or advancement in the skilled trades industry. They assist women entering the trades and women apprentices in gaining skills for success, providing mentorship and networking opportunities and helping them find employment opportunities, with the goal of assisting them to achieve journey status.
Learn more: https://bccwitt.ca/whatwedo/careers/
Bursaries and Scholarships
Heide Hermary Memorial Bursary
The bursary was established to honour the work and legacy of Heide Hermary who was Gaia College’s co-founder. Heide’s holistic teachings in organic horticulture continue to inspire and educate landscape professionals and home gardeners worldwide through her books, projects and Gaia College courses.
To learn about student eligibility and how to apply: Heide Hermary Memorial Bursary
Jane Stock Horticulture Foundation Scholarship
The Jane Stock Horticulture Foundation offers several $1,000 scholarships for a qualifying BCLNA member, their child, grandchild, or employee, who is pursuing post-secondary education. While the foundation supports horticulture, Jane was an advocate, and number one cheerleader, for anyone advancing their interests with higher education. Therefore, this scholarship encompasses all areas of study.
Learn more: http://www.janestockfoundation.com/scholarship
BC Parks and Recreation Association Graduating Student Scholarship Award
The purpose of the scholarship award is to recognize and support BC students who have excelled in recreation and parks post-secondary programs, who have demonstrated strengths in academics, practicums, class participation, and teamwork. Award applicants have shown a commitment to leadership that will help advance recreation and parks being embraced as essential to the quality of life of every British Columbian (BCRPA’s vision). The award is for final year students graduating from recreation and parks post-secondary institutions that are BCRPA affiliate members.
Landscape Ontario Scholarships
One of the most important mandates of the Ontario Horticultural Trades Foundation is to nurture and advance the horticultural industry through the funding of industry-related scholarships. Each year the Foundation makes available a number of scholarships in various different categories. The awards are determined by available funding and the applications received. Note: all applicants must reside in Ontario.
Canada Tree Fund - Harold Van Dyke Bursary
The objectives of this bursary are to provide financial assistance to a student(s) pursuing a career in arboriculture and to promote a greater awareness of arboriculture. Bursary recipient(s) will be given a cheque in the amount of up to $1,000 per year with the amount decided upon annually depending upon availability of funds.
Learn More: https://canadiantreefund.org/funding-overview/